Protégé Program: Lessons By Application*
Each Studio Teacher will select students who demonstrate the following:
- Faithfulness in thoughtful, daily practice.
- A desire & drive to become a skilled, artistic musician.
- Commitment to excellence in performing.
- A desire to acquire and practice leadership skills (for age 11 and up only).
Protégé Student Distinctives:
- Craft advantageous, individual performance goals with coaching from Studio Teachers.**
- Reach clear weekly goals with scales, chords, & arpeggio practice.
- Demonstrate consistent desire to tackle both challenging and enjoyable repertoire.
- Attend Studio Class on four Tuesdays throughout the year and one Friday: Required.
- Assist teachers in the MMK Studio Classes (ages 11 and up only).
- Perform for MMK students & other protégé students during Tuesday studio classes.
- Perform at the Studio Recital.
Goals upon graduation:
- Protégé knows how to critically interact with music in every day life.
- Protégé is equipped to be a life long musician.
- Protégé understands music is a gift to be shared through performance.
- Protégé is comfortable learning & performing late intermediate to advanced piano literature.
Who may apply:
- MMK graduates
- Transfer students
When to apply:
- Applications will be available by request in the Spring.
- Notifications of student selection will be made by April.
*Openings are limited to each teacher’s unique schedule.
**Students may participate in festivals, competitions and various other performance opportunities.